Karunya-Plus Lottery Prize Structure
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF KARUNYA PLUS WEEKLY LOTTERY
1. Tickets will be printed in five series.
2. The maximum retail price of one ticket will be Rs.50/- only. One book of tickets will contain ten tickets.
3. The first, second and third prizes will be drawn in full coming under the assured portion of prizes. The remaining prizes will be under variable portion depending upon the sale of tickets.
4. The consolation prizes of Rs.10,000/- each will be awarded to the tickets in other four series, having the same number of 1st prize winning number.
5. The fourth prize will be determined by drawing the last five digits once and extended to all sold tickets in all series.
6. The fifth prize will be determined by drawing the last four digits twenty times and extended to all sold tickets in all series.
7. The sixth prize will be determined by drawing the last four digits thirty times and extended to all sold tickets in all series.
8. The seventh prize will be determined by drawing the last four digits thirty times and extended to all sold tickets in all series.
9. The eighth prize will be determined by drawing the last four digits sixty times and extended to all sold tickets in all series.
10. If any prize numbers in any category is repeated the same will be cancelled and redrawn.
11. An amount equal to 10% of prize money will be deducted from 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes and given as agent’s commission on prize to the agents concerned. An amount equivalent to 10% of the prize money on 4th to 7th and consolation prizes and 20% of the prize money on 8th prize will be given to the agents concerned as agents commission on prize from Government fund.
12. An amount equivalent to 10% of the prize money on 4th to 7th and consolation prizes and 20% of the prize money on 8th prize will be given to the agents concerned as agent’s commission on prize from Government fund.
(i) Registered agents will get the tickets at the following discounted rates, for the entire purchase irrespective of the district of purchase.
(a) Up to 4000 tickets – 72% of the maximum retail price.
(b) Above 4000 tickets – 70% of the maximum retail price.
(ii) The highest eligible discounted rate will be allowed for the entire tickets purchased by an agency. The above mentioned discounted rate will be allowed based on the total purchase of tickets from the different District Lottery Offices. The dues or excess amount collected, if any, will be adjusted in future claims or by exchange of tickets of the next lottery, as the case may be, from the office of registration.
13. Special incentive will be allowed to the agents who purchase maximum number of tickets as follows:
14. For the highest purchaser of and above 3 Lakh tickets – Rs. 20,000/-
15. For the next highest purchaser of and above 2 Lakh tickets – Rs. 16,000/-
16. For the next highest purchaser of and above 1 Lakh tickets – Rs. 12,000/-
17. For the next highest purchaser of and above 50,000 tickets – Rs. 8,000/-
18. For the next highest purchaser of and above 25,000 tickets – Rs. 4,000/-
19. If two or more agents become eligible for special incentive at any of the above stage for having purchased equal number of tickets, the incentive amount will be equally divided among them, subject to minimum amount of the next lowest puchaser.
20. Common incentive prize Rs. 2000/- will be given to the agents in each district, who purchase maximum number of tickets of and above 10,000 tickets. Rs. 1000/- will be given to the next lowest purchaser who purchase of and above 1000 tickets. If more than one agent purchases the same number of tickets the amount will be divided among them equally subject to the minimum amount of the next lowest purchaser.
21. The prize winners shall prefer their claims within 30 days from the date of draw. The first and second prize winning tickets should be surrendered to the Director of State Lotteries in person or by insured registered post or through Nationalized/ Scheduled Banks/ State or District Co-operative Banks supported with necessary documents.
22. The prizes of Rs.1,00,000/- and below may be claimed from the District Lottery Offices / Directorate of State Lotteries. In the case of claimants from outside the state, the claims should be submitted in the Directorate. The prize winners should record their name, address and signature in the space provided on the reverse side of the ticket. Payment of prize money will be made only after ascertaining the genuineness of the tickets with counterfoils or by any other method as decided by the Director from time to time.
23. Agents are allowed to collect prize tickets with prize money of Rs.5000/- and below and pay the prize money to the prize winners themselves and thereafter claim prize money on behalf of prize winners by exchange of tickets. The agents should clearly state whether the prize tickets are collected and prize money already paid to the prize winners by them, while presenting the same for payment.
24. Claims on mutilated or tampered tickets will be rejected outright. One ticket can win only the highest prize awarded on it. Income Tax and Surcharge etc. if any will be deducted at source from the prize money as laid down in the Finance Act (Central).
25. Legal jurisdiction of this Lottery will be at Thiruvananthapuram.